Is your spreading stomach becoming a source of embarrassment for you? Okay, you will be advised by many people to diet or religiously hit the gym. But if you are looking for better alternatives to exercise or diet, then you can consider yoga for a flat stomach. Practice the following posture and you will be on your way to redefine your entire personality.
Boat pose (Navasana)
This yoga posture is practiced to make stomach and core strength.
- Sit back and forth on the floor with your feet
- In the sitting position, increase your feet straight to 45 degree angles
- Due to the raised legs, you can be flat on your back. The trick is to move your upper body forward, your hands are parallel to your feet. Your body will take ‘V’ shape
- Extend your hands in line with your shoulders
- Keep the body on your bits
- Try to hold this position for a few seconds and then, bring your leg and torso to the original position.
- If you are making a start and are finding it difficult to prepare the boat, then you can take half the posture of the boat. For this, after turning the leg, turn the knees and bring your calves parallel to the floor.
Tree pose (Vrikshasana)
Another yoga exercise for the abdominal stomach is the tree pose, which stimulates your stomach by strengthening your roots. You have to balance your body on one leg. Given here are the steps to practice vrikshasana.
- Stand together with your feet straight.
- Shift your weight on the right foot while bending your left knee
- Raise the left thigh and knees in your chest and then, hold your ankle.
- Bring your upper ankle to your right thigh
- Press your feet on the thigh for as high as possible.
- Make sure your left toe points downwards
- Try to balance your body weight right on the right foot
- Now, if you find it difficult to balance on one leg, hold your ankle on the right thigh for some support.
- For the currency of the tree, lift your weapon over the head and mix your palms together.
- Make sure your elbows are straight on your head
- Press the tree for 10 breaths and then repeat it with your second step.
Cobra pose (Bhujanasana)
Helping to practice hymns in flattening your stomach by pulling the abdominal muscles, take a look at the steps given here to ease the cobra yoga posture.
- Lie on the floor on your stomach
- Press your arms against your arms and place your feet on the floor.
- Straighten your arms and place your palms on the floor.
- Raise your chest with the floor while keeping the lower part of the body connected to the ground.
- Hold for 15-30 seconds and gradually return to the original position.
It is important to observe your diet for the stomach as well as regular practice of yoga postures mentioned above.